About Me

My photo
I am a gamer, an artist and a hobbyist video game designer. When I'm not doodling one resource or another, I love to read books, make paper crafts (cards) and bake yummy goodies.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Graphical revamp is done!

I finished the very last map needed for the graphical update last night. Phew, what a lot of work that turned out to be. Not the map itself, but the update in general. While I'm very pleased with the results, I will definitely not be doing it again.

The rest of the update isn't that time-consuming. I have to finish up converting script calls for Quest Log 2.0 (which is a handful of quests, so it's not too difficult) and play through the game to make sure that everything is in good shape. I'm also probably going to add a few more places where Alistair can interact with the environment (examining bookshelves, anyone?) and add more instances where personality/relationship levels are altered. This will, hopefully, only take a week.

So, from this point on, all you should see is new content. Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. Examine everything! That's totally how I play games! Can't wait to see new content!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ronnie! I'm really excited to show off the revamped version. It should also be a good refresher for anyone that's played the first two chapters a while back. And I'm well under way with chapter 3, so the wait shouldn't be as long.

      Phew, now if I could only find hours of uninterrupted time to work on it ... XD

      Delete