About Me

My photo
I am a gamer, an artist and a hobbyist video game designer. When I'm not doodling one resource or another, I love to read books, make paper crafts (cards) and bake yummy goodies.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Back to work

Now that the holidays are over, I'm slowly getting back into the development groove. Despite having a few very busy weeks, I managed to squeeze in a few free moments to do some work on TUAH.

What I've done:
- Created a concept map for one of the temples:
 Special thanks to PandaMaru for creating the awesome logo.
There's still things that need to be changed about it, such as the water flowing on the two towers. That part will have to be drawn from scratch, however, as I can't really edit it from the RTP. Or maybe I'm just going about it the wrong way. In any case, that temple should be pretty fun to explore.
- Changed the iconset.
It doesn't sound like much, but there were a good 40 places that needed to be reconfigured and re-updated. I've still got to reconfigure a couple more scripts that use icons. I will not be changing the iconset again, trust me.
- Started converting some RTP sprites to the new template:
They look much better in comparison, I think. And they make the RTP look that much more squished.
- Finalized the concepts for all the playable characters, readjusted their back story and started databasing the skills and weapons.
- Went through the game script again, just to make sure it's the final version that I will not deviate from. Also decided that even if an amazing new maker comes out that practically makes the game for me, I will not be switching engines again.
- I may have also spent a fair amount of time whining about how much work it is to port everything over to Ace and redo stuff like the database. I hate databasing with a passion.

And to kill two birds with one stone, here is Thursday's resource release:
I can't recall what I originally created this door for, but it looks a bit like it belongs in the Wild West or something. In any case .... Enjoy! And please don't forget to credit me.

Terms: Free for non-commercial use in any RPG Maker program.
Do not repost/redistribute! Link to this blog post instead.
Credits: Lunarea

3 comments:

  1. I'd been lurking and was wondering where the updates went :3
    I'm really liking that screenshot! Especially the use of fogs. (Can't do that for a lifetime T.T)
    Those sprites look great! I'm sure you'll have inspiration enough, but if not: you could always try an XP RTP sprite in this style, no? ;) (Yes, I'm just curious to see how they would work out ^^; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering, do you permit your assets to be used outside of RpgMaker or is the license strictly for RPG Maker users?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The majority of it is for RPG Maker use only. If it's otherwise, it's noted in the terms under the image.

      If you're curious as to why... Sometimes I use the RPG Maker materials as a base, and I have to abide by their license -- which limits it to RPG Maker use only. Other times, I'm creating a resource with the specific purpose of helping out the RM community - in which case, it makes sense to limit it to the group I created the material for. :)

      Delete