About Me

My photo
I am a gamer, an artist and a hobbyist video game designer. When I'm not doodling one resource or another, I love to read books, make paper crafts (cards) and bake yummy goodies.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Title Woes

Working on the title screen, not sure which version I like best.

Version 1: Mostly bits and pieces from the RTP.

Version 2: Mostly custom with RTP sword and an "old page" textured background. Also, dragons. Not that there are any dragons in the game, really. They just look cool.
Version 3: Sparkles. 'cause sparkles...
  

At the moment, I'm leaning toward 3. But that might change in the morning. >_>


----
Edit:
After taking in all suggestions and opinions, I've come up with a final version:

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I didn't really like the result, as the blue sparkles clashed with the white alchemy lines.

      Delete
  2. They're all pretty flashy O_o
    Take my opinion with a grain of salt, since I'm more into sober title screens, but I'm leaning towards 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, because I tend to gravitate toward minimalism as well. My previous title was pretty simple: old paper background and simple text logo. But I kept getting feedback that it's boring and not really representing the game (which, as I'm told, is rather focused on graphics).

      Since I'm doing such an overhaul with the rest of the stuff (new engine, new character template, new well most everything), it made sense to also have the title match. But we'll see how it ends up in the end, I suppose.

      Delete
  3. 2 or 3! I like them both just as much ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I kind of like the first one.
    The circle makes it look less haky then the other ones. It seems more finished.

    Maybe the third without the blue sarkles? It seems a bit overloaded

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oww, that final version looks lovely, Luna!

    (But to be honest, I actually enjoyed your old title screen just as much ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi luna,

    i follow your works and i like your style.
    i want to contact you, but there no contact form on your blog.

    I have a project i want to explain to you, if you can contact me by mail at : nico.style931@gmail.com or skype nico.style931 it will be good :)

    Bye !

    (Sorry for my bad english i'm a french guy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nicolas,

      You may find me on the official RMW forums and send me a PM. That's really the best place to find me, as I check it several times per day. :)

      Delete