About Me

My photo
I am a gamer, an artist and a hobbyist video game designer. When I'm not doodling one resource or another, I love to read books, make paper crafts (cards) and bake yummy goodies.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Weekly Progress: Cast Changes

I finished Claudia's faceset and expressions last week. They turned out just fabulously, of course, and allowed me to make just the perfect expressions for her.

This week, I was all set to start spriting when it struck me that the rest of the cast now looked kind of shabby by comparison. I mean, Claudia gets a custom look and everyone else is just barely re-colored RTP.

And so, I spent a little time and redid the look of everyone else. It was a big move, and I was pretty nervous about the reaction. But I ran it by some friends first, and they were all supportive (thanks a bunch Ronove, Volrath and RavenTDA!). I decided I'm going through with it, and now I'm happily spriting away the new cast.

New Cordelia:
She has pretty curly hair, now. 
She's also a little older, because it was just way too creepy to write her as a romantic interest otherwise.

New Penelope:
That's actually how she looks in all my concept sketches, and stuff. But I didn't find a sprite or portrait that matched at the time.

New and much-hotter Alistair:
Long hair! *swoon*
Special thanks to Jalen, here, since I pretty much used her awesome Dominic portrait.

And lookie, young Alistair:
Can you believe this young little guy saved the world?

The rest of the time has been spent organizing the database (will it ever be done?!? ;_;), making some awesome new icons and working on the inner tavern map.


4 comments:

  1. I'm liking the changes, Lunarea! Can't wait to see their porraits :) I especially like the new Cordelia :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't planned to use the portraits at all (they're bulky and take up space on the screen), but I just might have to show them in game at one point or another. If not in dialogue, then I'll have to get creative.

      And thank you! I love the new Cordelia. She's gone through changes and she should be more memorable now. :D

      Delete
  2. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA ALISTAIR. XD

    This is looking awesome!! I hadn't checked your blog in a while, but WOW JEEZE. <3 I'm so stoked to see all this new TUAH stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thank you! :D

      I'm feeling very excited and motivated lately, so lots of work is getting done. :)

      Delete