About Me

My photo
I am a gamer, an artist and a hobbyist video game designer. When I'm not doodling one resource or another, I love to read books, make paper crafts (cards) and bake yummy goodies.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Creating Tiles Tutorial

A very quick update, mainly to let you know I've started a series of articles on how to create tiles in the style of VX/Ace RTP.

Click here for part 1.

The first part is very, very basic, but I want to cover all the bases so someone who's never done art won't be completely and utterly lost.

I am hoping to have a new part out on a somewhat regular schedule (once every week or 2 weeks), but it will largely depend on my work schedule.

6 comments:

  1. That was so cool... I better not coming back here anymore...I am not going to rpg maker website anymore.. farwell luna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for doing this tutorial. I've thought about making my own tiles but I just didn't know where to start, especially since I have very little art skills. I'm hoping this series will point me in the right direction. Thanks again for taking the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for these I can't wait to start learning [Big Tiger Paw Wave To Ya!]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, I like editing things, but I can't afford Photoshop and Gimp crashes on my computer. :(

    I do have a random question though. Are your resources compatible to Mack's? o.o I'm using them because they were already made in tileset form. I'm making a plain right now, but I feel like I'm missing things. D=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replied in a profile feed, but I figured I'd reply here too. Yes, my tiles and Mack's tiles are pretty compatible. There might be some small palette and size differences (Mack's set is for taller character), but these are very minimal and mainly noticed by tile artists.

      But both my tiles and Mack's tiles are created in the same style. So, you can use them without worry.

      Delete